Monday, February 24, 2014

What do we have to complain about?

I was reading in Exodus 16 about how the Hebrews had just been rescued from being in bondage to the Egyptians. What is amazing to me is how they had been under extreme oppression & God chose to deliver them in a spectacular manner. However, almost immediately they began to complain!  Before it seems as if I'm pointing fingers, I have been/am guilty of this at times.

No question that the moral compass of our country is turning, but to hear from some believers you would think they are under heavy persecution. I don't recall any American Christians standing before a firing squad or in line to be beheaded. In Philippians 2:14, Paul tells the church to do all things without complaining or arguing. This is why he was in jail. Maybe we as followers of Jesus (me at the top of the list) should quit complaining & rejoice in what God has given us.

I don't know if I would be interested in someone telling me good news while they complained. Maybe if we quit calling foul & complaining how the world is against us, they might actually listen to the Good New we have to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment