Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Why complain about Modern Worship?

Psalm 105:2 says "Sing to him, sing praises to him; tell of all his wondrous works!"

I've heard since I was a kid-people complaining about Modern Worship.  I grew up in a church that sang from the Hymnal but also sang "Choruses." For our day, I guess we were contemporary.  I can worship in any kind of style of music.  I will never say that Hymns are bad and Contemporary is good or visa versa.  The reality is Praising God is good no matter what style it is in.  My personal preference is Contemporary but I'm not a hater on Old Hymns and love the way new artists redo them for a Modern generation.


While I was pastoring one church I often heard snide remarks about a contemporary service we started.  Some griped about "7-11" songs.  They said the songs were seven words sung 11 times.  That may be funny to some but who cares?  Where in God's Word does it say you can't praise God over and over?  What can possibly be "Wrong" with any song that gives praise and glory to God and puts attention on Him rather than us?


Why would a growing follower of Jesus have a problem with someone praising God?

No comments:

Post a Comment