Wednesday, February 20, 2019

God's Word accomplishes what He wants

There are some Christians and unfortunately preachers who butcher the Bible.  They take verses and make the Bible like a Magic Gennie.  But the reality is that the Bible is here for us to be used for God's purposes.  He wants us to know Him and we get to know God by studying His Word.  I was reading in Isaiah 55 this morning and in vs 11 it talks about how God's Word will not return empty.  I've heard that verse hundreds of times.  But the next part spoke to me today.  It says that God's Word will accomplish what He desires.  God's Word will achieve the purpose for which He sent.  This challenged me to use God's Word more.  I don't need to use it to beat people over the head, but if I'm reading this correctly, when I use God's Word it achieves the purposes He wants.  Pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment