Monday, May 13, 2019

Resolutely

I've watched the movie National Treasure over a dozen times.  I love the passion that Nicolas Cage had about everything to do with the US.  One scene I remember was when they were trying to figure out one of the clues about the Charlotte.  Cage said that what was written was "resolute" which meant it was firm, absolute and unwavering.

As I was reading in Luke 9 this morning a verse stood out to me.  Of course Luke 9:23 is one I quote often about taking up my cross daily.  But this morning Luke 9:51 hit a chord.  It says:

As the time approached for him to be taken up to heaven, Jesus resolutely set out for Jerusalem.
Think about this.  Jesus knew He was going to Jerusalem for one reason and one reason only--to die.  Yet Jesus didn't waver.  He "RESOLUTELY" went to His death for me.  Powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment