Sunday, May 19, 2019

Until he/she finds it

Jesus is all about ministering to sinners.  That is good because I am one.  In Luke 15 the tax collectors and sinners gathered around Him.  How many sinners want to be around Christians today?  Probably not as many I would like to know.  I hope that people feel comfortable around me.  Jesus told them three stories.  The third is the prodigal son and I will be studying it tomorrow.  But today I noticed that two objects were lost.  The first was a sheep and the second was a coin.  Jesus said any shepherd would leave the 99 sheep to go after one.  A woman lost a coin that was important to her even though she had 9 others.  In both stories, Jesus said they looked frantically for both objects.  I love how Jesus says that they looked until he/she found it.  Isn't it great to know that is how God pursues us?  I think that is why I'm passionate about going after the lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment