Thursday, May 16, 2019

Much given--much expected

It's easy to complain and whine about minor things in life.  The reality is that we have it made in the US.  I have a house and a car to drive and I never worry about eating.  I have medical care regardless of how much it costs.  I have been given much.  I've also been given a lot spiritually.  God has gifted me with gifts I don't even understand.  God has given me a supernatural gift to share the gospel with people.  Usually when I share it leads to a decision.  It is not anything I've done.  It is all what God does through me.  I'm not that gifted naturally but I am supernaturally.  Jesus said in Luke 12:48b,
From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.
That is why I'm driven to serve.  I can't explain it.  It is a calling and I'm afraid if I don't use the gifts that God has entrusted to me that He will take them and give them to someone who will use them.  The last 2 years have been very confusing.  I have had to deal with stupid drama.  I'm sure I'm guilty of contributing to it.  I've been working on keeping my mouth shut and just serving.  God has given me so much and I want to use it for His glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment