Thursday, May 30, 2019

You will see greater things than that

I started studying the book of John this morning.  I love how Jesus calls his disciples.  When Nathanael was asked to join the group by Philip he thought what good thing could ever come from Nazareth.   Then Jesus called him by name and Nathanael wondered how Jesus knew who he was and Jesus said I saw you under the tree.  Of course, that spooked Nathanael as it would any of us.  He believed Jesus because of this.  I love what Jesus says in John 1:50b.
You will see greater things than that.
It got me thinking if Jesus just meant that for them or will we see even greater things today?  I hear stories of miracles happening on the foreign mission field.  I've heard of legs growing back and even people raised from the dead.  I've heard the voice of God fairly regularly the last few years but don't know if I've seen the greater things.  Was it just for the disciples?  That doesn't appear to be so.  Because Jesus said it was for our benefit that he leaves.  He promised us the Holy Spirit.  Since God's Spirit lives in me then I should experience Greater things.

No comments:

Post a Comment