Friday, May 24, 2019

Small Things

I am a dreamer.  When I dream I don't dream about small things.  But almost everything that has gotten big started small.  Usually, those who explode with growth quickly aren't able to withstand the pressure.  That is sad.  That is probably why God's plan is to give us small things to see if we are ready for the bigger things He wants to give us.  In Luke 19 Jesus tells a story of a ruler who gave his servants 10 minas.  That is the equivalent of 3 month's wages.  The first servant made 10 more and the 2nd made 5 more.  Unfortunately, the 3rd hid his and didn't earn anything.  I love what Jesus tells the first servant in Luke 19:17,
Well done, my good servant!’ his master replied. ‘Because you have been trustworthy in a very small matter, take charge of ten cities.
I wonder how often I am trustworthy in the small things?  Maybe I'm in the desert season right now is because he is testing me for the small things.  May I learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment