Wednesday, March 6, 2019

God allows us to go through stuff so....

In Ezekiel 24 his wife passes away.  God would not allow him to do the normal mourning.  He was to control his mourning as a sign to the rebellious people he was prophesying to.  2 Corinthians teaches the same precept.  We can argue and say why would God allow righteous people to go through tough events for sinners.  However, isn't that what Jesus did?  Who are we to argue with God?  I say that as one who does question God more than I would like to admit.  I had a man commit suicide on my car 32 year ago.  It is an event that I will never forget.  I can't even watch a TV or movie and watch someone get run over.   The pain is still there.  Why would God allow me to go through that?  God has used me to minister to dozens of people who have had similar experiences.  Just within the last month, I was able to pray with a truck driver who had a man walk out in front of his truck and he died.  I don't pretend to know why God allows things the way he does.   Yet, in Ezekiel, he went through the loss of his wife to teach the Hebrews a lesson.  Tough stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment