Thursday, March 7, 2019

Obedience

I was studying in Ezekiel this morning and came to a familiar passage in chapter 37 when God brought the dry bones back to life.  What hit me today was how absurd this must have sounded to Ezekiel.  Can you imagine what he was thinking as God told him to prophesy to bones?  Did he think what if someone sees me?  Did he think he misheard God?  In vs 7 it says that Ezekiel prophesied as he was commanded.  Then the bones came to life.  I can't imagine what Ezekiel thought then. 

How many times does God ask me to do things that seem strange?  How often do I worry about what others might think?  Maybe God hasn't told me things because I'm not ready to do something like preaching to dead bones.  I pray that will follow and obey no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment