Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Planning

I've always been an organized person.  I am rarely late for anything.  I feel I'm late if I'm on time.  I plan ahead.  I have multiple countdown apps on my mac mini, iPhone and iPad.  Since I read Atomic Habits  I've been doing things more consistently.  I set a timer every day to meditate and hear from God.  I've been making our bed and doing the dishes.  These are all to get in a habit.  I also started putting a timer every day to memorize scripture.  I was going to write about my Bible Study in Matthew 7 today, but as I memorized a verse from Proverbs I was hit over the head with something I need to confess and repent from.  Look at Proverbs 16:3
Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.
What stood out to me is that I've been committing my plans to God and wanting him to bless them.  What this says to me is that I'm to commit myself to God and He will show me the plans.  I've had it all backward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment