Thursday, March 14, 2019

Your words were heard, BUT!

Have you ever had someone hear you but you aren't sure if they really did?  I'm sure I have been guilty of that more times than I would like to admit.  Do you ever feel like your prayers aren't being heard?  Boy, that is a regular thought in my mind.  I know it comes from the enemy but it still happens.

In Daniel 10 the scripture says that an angel came to care for Daniel.  But in Daniel 10:12b-1a (NIV) it says:
your words were heard, and I have come in response to them. 13 But
The angel told Daniel that his prayers were heard, but.   I don't like to hear but.  However, as you continue on the but is because Daniel was in such a spiritual battle that the angel had to call in reinforcements. Daniel 10:13 (NIV) says,
But the prince of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there with the king of Persia. 
The angel needed to call for Michael to help him.  Not only that but they battled with the enemy for 21 days.  Now I don't know about you but that sounds like a pretty big battle.  If an angel can't win on his own is one thing but that it took 2 angels 21 days tells me that spiritual battles are not for the faint of heart.

I wonder how many times there are angels battling on my behalf?  Sometimes I wonder why God seems so distant and silent?   I spend at least an hour a day in prayer and Bible Study.   I wonder if God hears me?  Maybe what God is going to do is so big that it is taking multiple angels to battle on my behalf. 

No comments:

Post a Comment