Tuesday, March 12, 2019

So distinguished himself

I was studying in Daniel 6 this morning.  I love vs 3:
Now Daniel so distinguished himself among the administrators and the satraps by his exceptional qualities that the king planned to set him over the whole kingdom.
What an awesome way to be known.  I've made some bonehead moves in my life.  I've schemed, I've gossiped, I've slacked, I've been a sinner.  But, for the last few years, I've been working hard to let God mold me and shape me.  I have no idea how it is going because I only see the junk I need to change.  The last 2 years have been extremely trying.  We moved and in the move, moved my mother in law in our home.  This wasn't so bad for me but for my wife who didn't want this to happen.  But we are trying to honor God by taking care of her.  Then my ministry/job changed drastically.  I not only lost pay but lost the leadership position that I so loved.  Now at my age, I'm going backward career-wise.  Sometimes I wonder why I'm doing the things I'm doing.  Right now on my "vacation", I'm writing a 24-page paper for my organizational leadership class.  Not sure why I'm even working on my D.Min but God clearly told me to do it.  So for all two Google bots that read this blog, I hope this gives a glimpse into my state of mind.  As God continues to mold and shape me, my prayer is that my exceptional qualities (that come from God) will distinguish me from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment