Thursday, April 25, 2019

Don't you remember?

How many times has Jesus bailed me out of situations?   I could tell so many stories.  Yet, when I get in a jam and don't think I can't get out what do I do?  Just like most of us, I worry.  Years ago, I started writing down the God moments or spiritual markers that Henry Blackaby describes.  Why?  Because I need to remind myself that God has always been there and he always will be. 

In Mark 8 Jesus wants to feed 4000 people because they had been with him for 3 days.  The disciples acted like most of us would and said where are we going to find enough food to feed that many people?  4000 only included the men so likely there were 12,000 people.  But don't they remember when Jesus fed the 5000 men (likely 15,000 people)?  Jesus got frustrated with the disciples and asked them in Mark 8:18 (NIV)  "don't you remember?"

I wonder how many times Jesus thinks that of me?  He takes care of me so often and I still worry the next time an insurmountable obstacle comes my way.  People often say that God doesn't give us more than we can handle.  I think that is a lie from the devil.  I think God gives us things we can't handle so we will depend on Him.  The devil wants us to rely on ourselves.  God wants us to rely on Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment