Friday, April 26, 2019

Only by prayer

Today I was studying in Mark 9.  The disciples had been sent out by Jesus on other occasions and had been able to do miracles and drive out demons.  Yet on this occasion when Jesus came back from His transfiguration the disciples were unable to drive out a demon from a boy.  The boy's father asked Jesus if He could.  Jesus said, " ‘If you can’?” said Jesus. “Everything is possible for one who believes."  (Mark 9:23 NIV )I wonder how many times I doubt what God can do even though I've seen Him do amazing things before me.  I love what the man said,  Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!” (Mark 9:24 NIV).

Jesus removed the demon from the young boy and the disciples asked why they couldn't drive it out.  Jesus said, “This kind can come out only by prayer.(Mark 9:29 NIV).  It got me to thinking about how much I really pray about everything?  I've tried to get better to pray throughout the day.  But am I missing out on things because I really didn't pray?  

No comments:

Post a Comment