Monday, April 29, 2019

Everything?

Everywhere I read in the New Testament Jesus expected his disciples to give all they had to follow Him.  He said to take up our cross and follow Him.  That means death.  He told the rich young ruler to sell all he had and give it to the poor and follow him.  The early church sold all they had and gave it away to help the early church.  In Acts, it says they met together and there were no needy people among them.  What happened?  Do we see that now?  I live in a nice house and drive a nice car.  If I want food I go to the grocery store or buy at a restaurant.  We have so many choices yet we still think we have nothing.  Yet, there are starving people all over the world.  It is embarrassing to see some of the ways Christians in America claim we are being persecuted.  Last I saw no one has been martyred for their faith in the US.  Everything?  Do I really give God everything? 

No comments:

Post a Comment