Saturday, April 6, 2019

Nothing is impossible....but do I really believe it?

I was reading in Matthew 17 today and noticed a few things.  First, this is when Jesus was transfigured before Peter, James, and John.  Second, it turns out the disciples were unable to cast out a demon from a man.  The disciples tried but were unable to do so.  Jesus said it was because of their lack of faith.  He said if we have faith as small as a mustard seed we can move mountains.  I wonder sometimes if my faith is even that big.  I've seen God do some amazing things in my life.  But just like the story I read a few days ago about Peter walking with Jesus on the water, I wonder how big my faith really is?  Then Jesus finishes this chapter by telling Peter to go catch a fish and he would find a coin that was enough to pay all of their poll tax.  How did Jesus know the coin would be there?  Obviously, it was because He is the Son of God.  But if you really think about this miracle it is amazing.  How else would a coin show up in a fish unless God put it there?   It's not like a rich supporter came up and paid the tax.  God provided.  I realize just how small my faith really is.  I pray God will rock my world this week and that I will have the faith for Him to do so.  God hasn't stopped doing miracles, I've stopped believing in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment