Monday, December 17, 2018

Did right in the eyes of the Lord

I’ve been doing my daily Bible Study in 2 Kings. It has been pretty depressing reading about King after King who “did evil in the eyes of the Lord.” However, in 2 Kings 22 it says that Josiah became King & “did what was right in the eyes of the Lord.” During his reign they found the Book of the law & when Josiah heard it he was moved and tore off his clothes. Josiah then began to remove all of the evil practices and idols that the previous Kings had led their people into. He also led the people into worshiping God. In chapter 23 it says there was no on like him or since.

I was struck by Josiah and his passion for God & his leadership. My prayer is that I can lead in such a way that it will be written about me that “he did right in the eyes of the Lord.”

No comments:

Post a Comment