Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Humility

It is always interesting to me to see how some leaders think they need to lord themselves over those they are leading.  But there is something about a humble person that attracts others and endears them to other people.  God loves humble people.  Jesus was humble and we celebrated his birth today.  He came not a conquering King but as a lowly child.  That is the ultimate humility.  Many times when I read the Bible, I see how God forgives and even changes his plans of punishment based on how people respond to him.  This morning as I read in 2 Chronicles 12, God turned his anger from Rehoboam because he humbled himself.  Earlier in the chapter, God decided not to destroy Jerusalem after the leaders humbled themselves.  I think what I take from this is that God wants me to be a humble servant, not a powerful jerky leader. 

No comments:

Post a Comment