Friday, December 14, 2018

Hearing God's voice

Last week I talked with an employee I serve. They were angry & hurt by a relationship gone bad.  Their significant other had stolen from them. They had every right to be angry. They told me they weren’t ready for God. I laughed and said, "you realize you called the chaplain?" But they said they just didn't want to hear about God because they were angry with Him. Truthfully, I'm gifted enough in Evangelism that I could have forced a decision.  It wouldn't have been real.  But, I know enough to get make people say things they may not mean. They asked me to call back this week.  I wrote down their name and put a reminder on my desk.

Today, I was praying and for the last year and a half, I've been spending extended times listening to God.  Some may think I'm crazy but the Holy Spirit told me to call this person. When I called today, their attitude had changed. They had already forgiven & gave me permission to talk with them about God. Obviously, the Holy Spirit has been at work. I know that because the Holy Spirit reminded me to call! So because I was given permission & listened to the voice of the Holy Spirit, there is a party in heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment