Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Partial Obedience = Disobedience

I've been in 2 Kings for my daily Bible Study.  Not exactly the most uplifting part of the Bible to read. I noticed that lots of the Kings did evil in the eyes of the Lord.  There were a few that did "right" in the eyes of the Lord, yet they didn't get rid of the high places.  The high places where people worshiped other Gods and idols. 

These Kings that did "right" in the eyes of the Lord did obey God....partially.  But, it got me to thinking that partial obedience is disobedience.  If we only do part of what our boss says, we aren't doing everything they asked.  God has given clear instructions for us in His Word, but I wonder how often I'm guilty of "partial obedience" which is just disobedience.

No comments:

Post a Comment