Friday, December 28, 2018

The Battle isn't mine

I think if I was truthful I would have to admit that I like to be in control.  I'm a pretty capable person and can do a lot of things at once.  I think because I was given a lot of common sense and gifting I've done way too much on my own. That's not something good for a follower of Christ. Today I was reading in second Chronicles 20.  A prophet told Jehoshaphat a battle wasn't his but God's.  Jehoshaphat went out and set the example by praising God and worshiping Him.  In vs 22 it says as they began to sing in praise the Lord that ambushes.  I love how our pastor says when you're going through a difficult situation, praise your way out of it.  I love how it says as they began to praise the Lord that He set the ambushes. 

How often do I try to take control of my own situation? The battle isn't mine in the first place.  It's so hard to give up control but that is what God wants from me. About a month ago, I got a key stuck in the ignition of my car and couldn't get it out. I was about to watch the SEC championship football game but knew that I had to get the key out. So I called my mechanic and he was there and said come on.  I can't say I do this all the time, but I guess out of desperation I just put on worship music as I drove to my mechanic.  I didn't listen to the game on the radio. I worshiped the whole way there. I was expecting the worst. When I arrived, my mechanic was able to get the key out within one minute. Not only that but he didn't charge me anything.  Now I'm not trying to say that this was anything like the battle that Jehoshaphat was encountering.  But getting angry and worrying does no good. I just need to work my way out of my funk and remember that the battle is it mine, it is God's.

No comments:

Post a Comment