Sunday, December 9, 2018

Revival

Growing up the word revival meant one thing, a week or longer meeting at a church.  But what is revival? A meeting or meeting God?

We moved back to Alabama 10 years ago this month. Having been on staff at several churches since 1992 we mistakenly thought it would be easy to get plugged in at a church. But we floundered for 2 years attending several churches but never really getting plugged in. I take full responsibility for that. The last Sunday we attended at church in Alabaster my wife sensed that the pastor was going to resign. I looked at her and said how do you know that? But my wife has the gift of discernment and I have learned that God gives her special insights. At the end of the service the pastor did in fact resign.   My wife looked at me and said we need to find a permanent church now.

The next week we attended Church of the Highlands, a multi-site church that a friend had been trying to get me to attend for 2 years. I finally gave in reluctantly. Now, almost 7 years later we would never want to leave our church. Our pastor tells everyone to give them a year and do everything the church has to offer and if God hasn’t changed you then go somewhere else. Well, God has used our church to change our family, especially me. I get to use the Spiritual Gifts God has given me more as a church member than I did as a pastor on staff at a church.

So back to the topic of revival. We don’t have “Revival” meetings. We are in a revival. Today our pastor said last year we saw over 32,000 documented people who gave their lives to Christ. We aren’t into doing revivals, we are living in revival.

No comments:

Post a Comment