Friday, January 11, 2019

A Time As This?

Have you ever wondered why certain events happen in our lives?  Have you ever wondered why you are in the job, city, church, friendship, marriage, etc at this time?  I wish knowing God's will was an easier thing.  I've realized over the years that it isn't about finding God's will but doing God's will.  Sometimes I've been put in positions that are very hard.  I ask God, "why?"  But the real question is are you here for a time as this?

Esther became Queen because of her beauty.  The problem was she was a Jew and no one knew.  One of the King's executives Haman got angry at Esther's cousin, Mordecai because he refused to bow down to him.  Mordecai asked Esther to let the King know what was going on.  But Esther said no one approaches the King without an invitation.  She feared she would be killed.  The King already got rid of one wife.  But Mordecai asked if Esther was put in her position "for such a time as this?"

It got me thinking why I'm in the position I am now.  About this time last year, I voluntarily took a demotion.  I won't go into all of the details but after being away from my family for the last week, I know I made the correct decision.  I don't think it is healthy for marriages and families to be separated for a week at a time.  Why even get married if you aren't going to be with your spouse? 

But the point of this post is why am I in the position I'm in now?  I eat, sleep and breathe leadership but I'm no longer in a leadership position.  Why would God have me in this position for this time?  I don't know the answer but I'd like to know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment