Thursday, January 3, 2019

Again & Again

I finished my Bible study in 2 Chronicles this morning.  Thankfully, the last few verses gave a little hope when Cyrus was instructed by God to build a Temple in Jerusalem.  But that was one of the few bright spots in this book.  Today I started in chapter 34 and it was good to see a King who tried to follow God and renewed his covenant to God.  But even he didn't listen to what God had to say from Necho.  The part that struck me this morning was how the Lord sent word through his messengers "again and again" in 2 Chronicles 36:15 and they didn't listen.  In fact, it says in verse 16 that there was "No Remedy." 

I wonder how often God tries to warn me over and over, again and again?  I pray that I listen and heed his warnings.  I pray for my own life it never gets to the point where there is no remedy.  Now I'm not one that thinks that the US is like Israel in any way.  However, I wonder if any blessing we have had has been removed because our nation has no interest in God.  Even some of the Evangelical leaders have sold their soul to get ungodly people into office.  One prominent leader said that the President could never do anything for him to remove his support.  Really?  Nothing?  I will never follow anyone blindly except God.  I hope that we get some new Evangelical leaders who embrace goodness and godliness not what's best for them.  I'm a small voice.  In fact, I have no real voice that anyone would listen to.  But I do have a relationship with the ONE who can change the outcome of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment