Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Rest

We live in a busy world.  It is only going to get busier.  I come across people every day who are stressed.  I've been stressed myself the last few weeks. I wonder if I've bitten off more than I can handle.  However, God told me to do what I'm doing so I am going to trust that He will give me the strength and the rest I need.  Psalm 62:1 says, "Truly my soul finds rest in God." It is repeated in vs 5.  Jesus talked about rest in Matthew 11:28-30:

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

So my prayer today is that I find rest.  Rest is only found in Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment