Friday, January 25, 2019

Give me a sign

I've been praying for the same thing for over 3 1/2 years.  It isn't a selfish prayer either.  It involves me but it is about a place of serving.  My wife actually had a dream about it first.  I have heard God give me a date but that date has passed twice.  Does that mean it is on a date in the future or the decision was made on the date that passed?

I've prayed for God to give me a sign on a few occasions.  Most of the time it is kind of a traumatic or drastic answer.  Years ago, I asked God to give me a sign about going to seminary and our whole sales team was let go three days later.  I laughed because I knew that was a sign from God.  God told me in no uncertain terms to go to Highlands College and Luther Rice Seminary at the same time.  Has it been overwhelming? Yes.  But make no mistake, I heard the voice of God telling me to do both.  I'm trusting that He will sustain me.

I've heard some say that putting out a fleece like Gideon did is not showing faith.  Maybe.  But King David was called a man after God's own heart and he asked God to give him a sign of His goodness.  That is recorded in Psalm 86:17.  So if a person who is considered a man after God's own heart can ask for a sign, can't I?  I have prayed daily for God to answer.  I've been teased on several occasions.  I have prayed through at least 6 if not 7 21 Days of Prayer asking God to answer this prayer.  Obviously, my wife's vision was wrong or it is not time yet.  God has not even given me a hint of this happening.  With that in mind, I asked God to give me a sign.  Our 21 Days of Prayer ends tomorrow.  I've been faithful to participate 100%.  I'm expecting God to answer.  But He is God so he can do it when He sees fit.  But I wait expectantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment