Monday, January 14, 2019

Accept Good Without Trouble?

I started my Bible Study in Job this morning.  What a depressing start to a book.  Job had everything and was blameless before God.  Because of how he served God, God allowed Satan to attack him.  When God asked where Satan had been, he said roaming the earth.  That is so true when you see all of the evil in the world.  We had a police officer killed in Birmingham yesterday.  I doubt he expected that to be his last day.

After Job lost everything his wife urged him to curse God and die.  I would be lying that I haven't thought about letting God zap me. I have never thought about killing myself but wonder if it would be better to go on to heaven.  But I don't think God is done with me yet.  After Job's wife asked him to curse God, Job said, "Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?" (Job 2:10b)

I have had nowhere near the trouble that Job went but I've been a whiner and wondered why God would allow stuff to happen to me.  I need to take the words of Job to heart.  Another great part of Job 2 is in vs 13 when his friends just sat with him and mourned for 7 days without saying a word.  That is what is called the ministry of presence.  The best thing for people in grief is just people to be there for them.  We don't need sermons and Romans 8:28.  Why Romans 8:28 is true, it needs to be heard later. Let people grieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment