Saturday, January 19, 2019

He Delivers

One of my pet peeves is when people don't do what they say they will do.  Last year I emailed a person or I thought I did.  There were actually two people with that first name and so I sent it to the wrong one.  The person I emailed to was no longer with the organization so the email went to the leader at that location.  He called me immediately to see what he could do for me.  Then gave me the proper email.  Ironically, that leader now leads the organization I spend a tremendous amount of time serving.  He delivered.  Now, since then I've had several others who have not delivered on responding back to me.  The sad thing is I'm not after anything.  I just want to see where I can serve. 

One thing about God is that He always delivers.  I was reading in Psalm 34 today and I was struck by vs 19 where it says that righteous people will have "MANY TROUBLES."  At first, I focused on the troubles.  But the real story is that the Lord delivers.  Psalm 34:19 says He delivers.  Verse 4 says he delivers.  So, I may fail people God delivers.  People may fail me but God delivers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment