Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Resolutions?

This time every year people make New Years Resolutions. I have made them myself in the past. I don't know what the research is but I'm sure that very few people keep their resolutions before the end of January. Last night my daughter asked me if I had any resolutions?  I'm not knocking anyone has resolutions, but I make my resolution as I go along every day.  Why would I wait until an arbitrary deadline to make them? God told me to make some changes in my life my Spring when I was doing the Freedom Curriculum at my church. Why would I wait to make changes at the first of the year that I should have made immediately? 

I'm already a pretty organized person.  I guess you have to be to have a full-time job, teach as an adjunct and working on two college degrees at the same time.  I'd like to think that I'm tuned in to the Holy Spirit so that I make changes as I'm convicted and challenged.  Sometimes it takes a book I'm listening to, a podcast I'm listening to, a sermon I'm listening to, a friend or a family member to point out things that I need to change.  So did I make any resolutions?  I make them every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment