Friday, January 4, 2019

Still Hope

We live in a society of depression and despair. Over the last few years, I have been discouraged to see so many people take their own lives. What is really amazing is that some of them are strong Christians and even pastors. The hurts that these people deal with is real.  If somehow you were reading this and you are feeling depressed or in despair, I encourage you to get professional help. I would never discount what you're going through.

Today I read through the book of Ezra in the Old Testament. It is an interesting story about rebuilding the temple for the Hebrews. When I got to chapter 10 the last chapter, the people repented of their sins.  Took total control for what they had done.  In Ezra 10:2 I was struck by this line: "But in spite of this, there is still hope for Israel."  I started thinking about my life and the life of others. No matter what we've done or how bad we've been there is still hope. God doesn't give up on us. We may give up on ourselves, or we may give up on others, but God never gives up on us.

Some of our despair is our own fault and we must do with the Hebrews did in chapter 10 of Ezra, repent which is simply a word that means term. But sometimes are despair comes from nothing that we did. There is still hope.  That Hope comes from a relationship with Jesus. I'm not talking about religion, I'm talking about a personal relationship with the God of the universe. So no matter what you're going through please remember that there is hope and Hope has a name and it's name is Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment