Friday, January 18, 2019

Wait

I confess I'm not a good waiter.  I don't mean a server at a restaurant.  I just don't like to wait.  My wife is not on time very often.  I'm always on time and usually early.  Very early.  At church, they show a video every week before the service starts and it counts down to the start.  I consider us late if we aren't in our seats when the video starts.  I hate to wait on roads even if I know I have time.  I just don't wait well.

That isn't good in a spiritual sense.  In Psalm 27:14 David says,
Wait for the Lord;be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord.
I know I'm supposed to wait for God, but I don't like to wait.  I'm waiting right now for something.  My wife had a vision about it 3 1/2 years ago.   I really want it to happen.  I sense God does want it to happen, but it hasn't yet.  Not sure why.  I'm making preparations for it to happen.  I'm doing my part.  For some reason, God has had me wait. I don't have to like it.  I'm not God. My prayer is that I will become a better waiter. So I will wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment