Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Serving God doesn't mean an easy life

I get annoyed by pastors who teach if you give your life to Christ and all your problems go away. That's not what Scripture teaches. That Jesus said that if we follow him went to pick up our cross daily which means death. I have been studying in second Chronicles today in chapter 32 It says that Hezekiah had been faithful, yet the king of Assyria invaded Judah.  And got me to thinking that serving God does not guarantee a stress-free life.  In fact, after this happened King Hezekiah showed strength and leadership and told people not to worry that God was with them.  The king of Assyria tried to make the people of Judah doubt God's ability. But because of King Hezekiah's leadership and faith they trusted God.  In verse 21 it says the Lord sent an angel and annihilated Assyria. Verse 22 it says that the Lord saved Hezekiah.

Even after this great victory that God provided, it says that Hezekiah became proud.  When God disciplined him Hezekiah repented. There are times that God does amazing things even in my own life.  I'd be lying if I said the pride doesn't creep into me too. As I reflect on this past year, not a whole lot to be proud of. Maybe that is God's way of humbling me.  I'm not sure what the future holds but I am trusting that God will fight my battles for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment