Sunday, January 6, 2019

Remember

There are certain events that mark people.  December 7th is a day that those who grew up during  World War II remember.  The assassination of JFK was an event that people a little older than me remember.  The assassination attempt on Reagan and the Challenger  disaster were events that marked my life as well as 9/11.  

Often times we remember events like those because of something tragic.  These events are instrumental in leading people back to church. As I was reading in Nehemiah this morning I noticed that as Nehemiah was leading people to rebuild the wall, they experienced opposition.  I don’t think anyone who has done anything great has done so without opposition.  One of the things that I noticed is what a great leader Nehemiah was.  He aknowledged the opposition but he had the people focus on God.  He said in vs 14, “Don’t be afraid of them.  Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your families.”

I hope that I will remember that God is great and awesome instead of the opposition that is in front of me.  Our church began 21 Days of Prayer and Fasting today.  It is a challenge to get up early every day to pray.  It is hard to fast.  But remember that the Lord is great and awesome.  The word I will take today is “REMEMBER.”

No comments:

Post a Comment